JIT Transportation is growing again in Milpitas! Come join our transportation team.
- Maintain and contribute to a safe work environment by adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Safety Program.
- Conduct trailer movements within the JIT Premises, moving equipment into and out of assigned dock doors.
- Coordinate and communicate departure and arrival activities.
- Complete regulated vehicle reports in a timely manner.
- Inspect vehicle, equipment, and supplies daily and is responsible for notifying management concerning routine maintenance by completing DVIR’s daily.
- Keep current all items as required by the DOT regarding the operation of regulated vehicles (ie: medical exam, CDL).
- Understand and operate under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Perform any other task or assignment as deemed necessary by the organization.
- A knowledge of routes and driver regulations.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- The ability to communicate and interface with employees.
- The ability to read and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- The ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to obtain resolutions in potential stress situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel, lift up to 75 pounds, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Ability to meet the physical and mental requirements as established by the DOT and the Federal Motor Carriers Regulations.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or 18 months of related experience and/or training in related industry or management; or equivalent combination of both education and specific work experience.
Class “A” license required.
Driver must have had a license consecutively for 5 years.
Cannot have had a DUI/DWI in the past 5 years.
Cannot have been convicted of a Felony.
Certain misdemeanor convictions will disqualify a driver.
Driver’s license cannot be suspended for more than 60 days in the last 36 months.
Any driver required to have Proof of Financial Responsibility on file with the DMV cannot be used.
Driver cannot have more than 2 moving violations and or preventable accidents within the last 12 months.
Driver cannot have more than 3 moving violations and or preventable accidents within the last 36 months
Full time / part time steady year round work.
Late model lease tractors.
Uniforms and work boots provided.
Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(K).
Sick pay, vacation and holiday pay.
PAID WEEKLY – DIRECT DEPOSIT
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $ Negotiable